Everyone should start wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These public settings include any essential trips to receive medical care, pick up medications at the pharmacy, and purchase food and household essentials at the grocery store. There are many online companies such as Palm beach mask that provide maks at affordable prices.
You may be wondering why you need to cover your face even though you’re feeling healthy and normal. You may also want to know how your cloth covering should fit your face for the best protection.
We’ve got you covered with everything you need to know.
Your cloth face covering should:
- allow you to breathe without restrictions
- have multiple fabric layers
- fit tightly on the sides of your face, but should not be uncomfortable
- be secured to your face with ear loops or ties
Additional cloth face-covering information
- After wearing your face-covering in public, be careful when removing it from your face. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, and be sure to wash your hands right away.
- Wash your cloth face-covering frequently. The material you are using for your coverage should be able to withstand machine washing and drying without any damage.
- Don’t use cloth face coverings on kids under the age of 2. Also, unconscious or incapacitated individuals who are unable to remove a covering without assistance should not wear one.