After repeated tries, if you are not being able to fix the Garmin Nuvi GPS issues, then we have solutions for common issues befalling Garmin Nuvi.
Garmin GPS fails to turn on
- Make sure that the key is turned on.
- Ensure that the power cord is connected and the fuse in the radio system is working.
- Check the battery, if it discharges frequently, then you will have to replace it.
- Check the remote control.
No sound output
- Check the wires of the speaker if it is properly connected or not.
- The Garmin GPS device should not be muted.
- Press ‘OSD’ from remote and adjust audio. Check left-right, rear, and front speakers.
The touchscreen is not calibrated
- Go to the ‘Menu’ option.
- Click on ‘Options’.
- Select ‘System’.
- Go to ‘Calibration’.
- Calibrate the screen for a few minutes and wait till it responds.
- After calibration, if you are still not getting any response, then contact the GPS support.
No GPS Reception
- Check if the GPS antenna is properly plugged in or not.
- Sometimes, the GPS doesn’t get a signal in a particular location. To come out of this problem, you can either change the location or contact experts.
Garmin Nuvi not detecting the current location
This problem occurs if there is an update available for the OS version of your device. You can update the Nuvi by connecting it to the computer and installing Garmin Express on it.
So, by implementing the above-mentioned steps, you can easily get rid of the common problems.