It is given that great headshots will give a better chance to get a call back from the audition. Here are some tips to help you find the right photographer:
1. Research, research, research.
Look for industry professionals, acting director and others who made it through and ask who they recommend. Names that you hear more than once are the ones you should give a thought for. Whoever it is that you choose, make sure that you are comfortable working with him/her. Start looking through their websites for their portfolios. You can also contact a modelling agency for professional headshots via https://www.castango.com/HeadShot
Many skilled photographers have their own website. Check out their gallery and research photographs. This will help you know the methods and specializations. Also check their prices, locations available, recommendations and how professional their website is.
However, it is important to remember that his / her special role should be in accordance with what you want to have, whether it's dancing, acting, commercial, theater, or modeling. Keep in mind that the price does not always equal to quality.
2. Ask the right questions.
Interview your potential photographers and see if he / she is up to the task. Here are some good questions:
- How much time does each session take?
- What does your price include?
- Does that include hair, makeup, retouching and editing?
- Do you shoot digital photos and movies? Is your workplace a studio or you can also go to another location? If so, what is your preference?
- Will it involve a number of locations? How do we manage to go there?